Thanks for your interest in being part of the Australian LGBTI Media Centre team. Please fill out the form below, writing in the text box provided which of the fields you wish to offer help in. A return email will be sent upon receipt, where you will be asked for supporting material such as a résumé or portfolio. As we do not currently have funding, all roles are volunteer.
The Media Centre is currently seeking volunteers in the following areas:
- Steering Committee
- Experience in community or non-government organisations, legal and financial expertise, and present or past media experience will be looked upon favourably for steering committee members
- Applicants will need to provide a cover letter and a curriculum vitae (CV) detailing their relevant experience
- Media Guidelines and Resources Team
- Experience in LGBTI community organisations, student unions or bodies, counselling, academia or any other field requiring knowledge of the appropriate language and conduct around LGBTI people and issues is a requirement for this role
- Present or past media experience is ideal, but not required
- People identifying as LGBTI or sexually or gender diverse will be favoured, but is not required
- Applicants will need to provide a cover letter, and a résumé or CV detailing their relevant experience
- Publications and Media team
- Experience, study or knowledge of publications, digital media or marketing is a requirement for members of this team.
- Ideal for current students or recent university graduates looking to improve their portfolio of work.
- Applicants will need to provide a cover letter, a résumé or CV detailing the relevant experience, and a portfolio of previous work
- Monitoring and Entertainment Media Team
- Experience with detailed media analysis is a requirement for members of this team.
- Those with an interest in popular culture, particularly television, are strongly encouraged!
- Applicants will need to provide a cover letter, a résumé or CV detailing the relevant experience or education.
The Australian LGBTI Media Centre is a Sydney based organisation, but people from other cities and regions of Australia outside of the Sydney metropolitan area are welcome to apply, provided they have an internet connection and can be available for regular videoconferencing.